Moorea, French Polynesia - Shark and camera orgasm tales

FRENCH POLYNESIA, PARADISE - PART TWO - MOOREA AND SHARK TALES

The first time that I have stepped on this part of this world was at the beginning of 2015. The only information I knew is that it is beautiful as per the description of an ex-boyfriend that used to work on a cruise ship. He used to tell me these stories about French Polynesian islands just to brag about the fact that he has been there. But he failed in his descriptions as these islands are not just beautiful, are breathtaking. Once you get here and visit you just do not want to go back home.

The first step on Moorea and I'm amazed by the views, this turquoise water, crystal clear that I can count every particle of sand. The first excursion that I choose is an exploration of the island on a 4WD, off-road adventure. And it was, as the volcanic island has some vehicle paths, very steep, rocky and muddy. Before reaching the peak of the island we did several stops for pictures but the last part of the driving was so scary.
Why in the world I have chosen this way of visiting the island? I could have been just a regular tourist in a minibus, not in a 4WD where every single part of my body was hurting. I was shaken, backed on all sides, my stomach was screaming that the light breakfast that I had wanted to come out. The rest of the group, other 4 people, cruise ship passengers, all above 60 years old were even worse than me.

After an hour of adrenaline rush that I was sorry to choose we reach the top of the mountain. And there my camera had an orgasm. While I was trying to convince my stomach that the crazy movements are over, my camera has a mind of its own and started taking pictures. I could see the barrier reef that was surrounding the island, the green bay and just a few houses, forest and pineapple fields everywhere.

I fell in love with Moorea and did not have any desire to go back, my mind was rushing into finding plans how to live here. I still do as this is my secret retirement plan.

Sharks Please!

The second time  I have visited the island I have chosen to go snorkeling with stingrays and sharks. Obviously forgetting my previous visit where I was screaming for fear due to the rough bumpy ride. Once boarded on the majestic catamaran and started sailing around the island I am again in love with the views of the island and again start weaving my secret retirement plan. Captain of the catamaran decides to anchor off as he found the place where the sharks and stingrays are. Wasn't my first time in the water with stingrays but definitely first for sharks.

I do not know what was on my mind before deciding to join this tour but when I saw the waters filled with sharks I've started having doubts. Not because I have gained a few kilograms and probably I was looking savory for the exotic creatures, not because they actually looked bigger and scarier then what I saw on National Geographic but because I was simply terrified!

It took all the courage in the world to put myself together plus the thought that I am going to post this pictures on social media. And I have done it! Post it! Share it!

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nuku Hiva and the Cannibals

Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Naked truth about the life of a crew member onboard a cruise ship

Translate